Department of Motor Vehicles


Under NEW Minnesota Law Change, customers that are renewing license registration OR transferring a motor vehicle/Recreational Vehicle/Motorcycle will need to provide insurance information. 

       Name of Insurance Company
2.       Policy number
3.       Expiration Date of Policy

Motor Vehicle Office
What Our Office Provides
  • License Registration Renewals
  • Duplicate Titles and Title Transfers
  • New Vehicle Registrations & Out-of-State Registrations
  • Duplicate Plates and Stickers
  • Disability Parking Certificates
  • Special License Plate Applications
  • Applications for DWI Plates


  • Renewals of Current MN Drivers License’s (Social Security # required)
  • State ID’s (bring correct forms of ID)  ID Requirements
  • Print Driver’s License Requirements due to Violations   
  • Renewal of MN Permits
  • Dup DL/Name change with Certified court order documents
  • Under 18 Drivers License or Permits must be accompanied by parent or guardian

NEW CDL REQUIREMENT:   As of July 2015, All CDL Driver’s License will need to show PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP before we can Renew their CDL.   Bring in Certified Birth Certificate, Passport or Passport Card.
Also bring current Medical Certificate if you are required to carry one on all Renewals and Duplicate applications.


  • Snowmobile/Watercraft/ATV transfers and renewals
  • Titled boat applications
  • Snowmobile & ATV maps available  
BILL OF SALE required on ALL transfers of DNR applications. 

What Our Office DOES NOT Provide
  • We DO NOT take reinstatement fees. You will need to make payments at exam stations.
  • We DO NOT have Driver's License Manuals.  View at the State Website.